October 26, 2008

~ Un beau lapin ~

Hi~I hope everyone had a great weekend!
This is my latest design, Un beau lapin ~ The colours are a beautiful robin's egg bleu, mixed with some golds and then a crisp white, commissioned as a custom hand-painted wall-hanging. The ideas were started by some ribbon in robin's egg bleu & some natural linen fabric. A bunny was a must along with a robin's egg nest. So the drawing was started.
The quick sketch

(to see enlarged ~ click picture)
This is the finished product.
I sooo loved painting this. Some of the added elements were ribbon weaved in and out of the canvas topped with a satin bow. The cute little bunny is finished of with a pom-pom in white yarn fluffed up for his cottontail. Trimmed on the bottom with a ruffled linen and for easy hanging topped off with a natural rope & a wooden heart to hang from.
The saying is in french and says "Once upon a time a lived a beautiful bunny..."
This is a close-up of the bunny. I was also commissioned to paint a few more items for them and will have them posted in a later post. ***Hint Hint Hint***may be a little piggy, ducky or a calf/cow, so I have a quick question. If you were to only choose two animals to go with the beau bunny, what would your top two be???
PIGGY?
DUCKY?
or a CALF/COW?
Au revoir
~Miss Kris~

4 comments:

Ness Lockyer said...

What a great piece. I would have to pick a cow and a duck...too cute.
Ness xx

Miss Kris said...

Hi Ness! Thank you and I too like a little cow and a duck.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful piece you painted! I like the duck and calf idea too!

Miss Kris said...

Thanks Joyce! I believe it is going to be the duck and calf. Can't wait to show everyone!:o)